my first project is called deconstruct/reconstruct - it is the process of unraveling a knit piece and giving it a new life by creating something new with the yarn. for example, I took this old sweater that I have had for at least ten years and created this long i-cord to use as the base for a new necklace. I'm going to create a bunch of silver spheres to randomly attach to the cord - similar to work I've been doing here, but mixing materials: fibers and metals. I'll post the finished piece here as soon as it is completed. (yes, that's me in the picture from 1996 wearing the sweater)
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Knitting Therapy
- knitting as art therapy -
my first project is called deconstruct/reconstruct - it is the process of unraveling a knit piece and giving it a new life by creating something new with the yarn. for example, I took this old sweater that I have had for at least ten years and created this long i-cord to use as the base for a new necklace. I'm going to create a bunch of silver spheres to randomly attach to the cord - similar to work I've been doing here, but mixing materials: fibers and metals. I'll post the finished piece here as soon as it is completed. (yes, that's me in the picture from 1996 wearing the sweater)
my first project is called deconstruct/reconstruct - it is the process of unraveling a knit piece and giving it a new life by creating something new with the yarn. for example, I took this old sweater that I have had for at least ten years and created this long i-cord to use as the base for a new necklace. I'm going to create a bunch of silver spheres to randomly attach to the cord - similar to work I've been doing here, but mixing materials: fibers and metals. I'll post the finished piece here as soon as it is completed. (yes, that's me in the picture from 1996 wearing the sweater)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment